Halloween is creeping closer – which means there’ll be more sweet options to treat yourself with!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes are a must have during the Halloween season! However, with the amount of whipped cream, steamed milk and artificial pumpkin flavours all packed into one cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte, your body won’t be too happy about this sugar overload.
However, there’s a much healthier way to treat yourself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte without the health sacrifices! How? Well, we’ve published our very own Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe below for you to try out! (Keep scrolling!)
The difference between most Pumpkin Spice Latte recipes and our own one is that we’ve really narrowed down the list of ingredients that should be in a Pumpkin Spice Latte – which is, coffee and pumpkin.
Not only that, we’ve substituted sugar with honey! Honey is a natural sweetener which contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and antibacterial properties. This’ll help strengthen your immune system and regulate your blood sugar levels.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup (250mL) skim milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 3/4 cup (180mL) boiling water
- Add the skim milk and pumpkin puree into a pot. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat whilst stirring constantly with a whisk. Whisk the mixture until it begins to simmer.
- Add the honey, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger into the mixture. Whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy.
- Add instant coffee powder and boiling water to the serving mug. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the coffee and serve.
- Soy milk, lactose-free milk could be used to substitute skim milk.
- 1 tbsp of honey is a rough guide and could be adjusted according to taste.
For more treats, read our blog on 5 Ways to Treat Yourself Without Cheating Yourself!
For some tricks, read our blog on 10 Easy Ways To Decrease Your Sugar Intake!
Written by Flora C.
Follow us on WordPress and on our other Social Media!
FACEBOOK: SUGAR STICKS